We provide service to: PoulsboIndianolaKingston SilverdaleBainbridgeBremerton Hansville Suquamish Port Gamble
Wiser Lawn is a team of experienced Lawn Care ServiceProfessionals focused specifically on turf and landscape in North Kitsap County. We service both commercial and residential properties.
You live in what is basically a rain forest. What do you do if you want a normal looking lawn that doesn't grow moss like it usually would? Understand that in this area it will be a constant battle because the conditions in North Kitsap almost always support moss growth. This is a process that will work if done right. You cant just do it once. A lawn needs to be maintained yearly in order for the moss to remain absent.
Step 1 - Kill the moss.
- Wait until the moss is dead to remove it. As long as 2 weeks
- The products that are offered for this are usually green friendly but check to make sure. Ours is for sure.
Step 2 - Remove the dead moss.
- Rake it out or dethatch the lawn to get it out.
- Rake out and Remove as much moss as possible.
Step 3 - Condition the Soil to reject moss and accept. grass seed.
- Lime helps with this and is safe for streams and rivers.
- If your starting over or have more compacted soil then add new soil to the lawn for better seed germination.
Step 4 - Aerate and/or dethatch the lawn to accept new seed.
- Loosens soil for better oxygen, creates holes for seed and helps with moisture control.
Step 5 - Seed the Lawn.
- Choose Wisely (pun) - Get the right type of seed for your lawn.
Links to other resources about moss in your lawn
- North West Center for Alternatives to Pesticides.
2. Good Blog.